1. What caused the universe to exist?
2. What explains the fine tuning of the universe?
3. Why is the universe rational?
4. How did DNA and amino acids arise?
5. Where did the genetic code come from?
6. How do irreducibly complex enzyme chains evolve?
7. How do we account for the origin of 116 distinct language families?
8. Why did cities suddenly appear all over the world between 3,000 and 1,000BC?
9. How is independent thought possible in a world ruled by chance and necessity?
10. How do we account for self-awareness?
11. How is free will possible in a material universe?
12. How do we account for conscience?
13. On what basis can we make moral judgements?
14. Why does suffering matter?
15. Why do human beings matter?
16. Why care about justice?
17. How do we account for the almost universal belief in the supernatural?
18. How do we know the supernatural does not exist?
19. How can we know if there is conscious existence after death?
20. What accounts for the empty tomb, resurrection appearances and growth of the church?
21. Laws of Nature ?
Arguments for the existence of God.
ARGUMENT FROM CAUSALITY
1.Everything which had a beginning had a cause.
2.The Universe had a beginning.
3.Therefore, the Universe was caused.
ARGUMENT FROM COMPLEXITY
1. The more complex something is,the more likely it is a product of design.
2. Biological complexity is more complex than all man-made design.
3.Therefore,biological complexity is a product of design.
ARGUMENT FROM FINETUNING.
1. The universe is finely tuned to permit life.
2. The Finetuning is either due to chance,necessity or design.
3. Finetuning is not due to chance or necessity. Therefore,finetuning is due to design.
ARGUMENT FROM THE LAWS OF NATURE
1.Laws require a lawgiver.
2.The universe is governed by laws.
3.Therefore,the laws of nature require a lawgiver.
ARGUMENT FROM THE RELIABILITY OF OUR COGNITIVE FACULTIES.
1. Our cognitive faculties can only be reliable if they were actually designed.
2. Our cognitive faculties are reliable.
3.Therefore,our cognitive faculties were designed.
ARGUMENT FROM LOGIC.
1.Objective logic cannot be based on our subjective minds,a non-static universe or immaterial abstractions outside of a mind.
2.Objective logic exists.
3.Therefore,objective logic is not based on our subjective minds,a non-static universe or immaterial abstractions outside of a mind.
ARGUMENT FROM FREE WILL.
1.Free will cannot be the result of mere chemical reactions.
2.We have free will.
3.Our free will began at some point.
ARGUMENT FROM MATHEMATICS
1.Evidence for design within mathematics would point to a teleological source of mathematics.
2.There is evidence for design within mathematics.
3.Therefore,there is a teleological source of mathematics.
ARGUMENT FROM MORALITY
1. If objective moral values exist,then God exists.
2. Objective moral values exist.
ARGUMENT FROM CONTINGENCY.
1.The universe has an explanation of its own existence (either by the necessity of its own nature or by an external cause).
2.The universe cannot be explained by the necessity of its own nature.
3.Therefore,the universe can only be explained by an external cause.
ARGUMENT FROM THE HISTORICAL EVIDENCE FOR THE RESURRECTION.
1.The resurrection would be evidence for God.
2.The resurrection occurred.
3.Therefore,the resurrection is evidence for God.
ARGUMENT FROM BIBLICAL FOREKNOWLEDGE.
1.Biblical foreknowledge would be evidence for God.
2.The bible contains foreknowledge.
3.Therefore,biblical foreknowledge is evidence for God.
Last edited by Admin on Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:23 am; edited 2 times in total