Intelligent Design, the best explanation of Origins

This is my personal virtual library, where i collect information, which leads in my view to Intelligent Design as the best explanation of the origin of the physical Universe, life, and biodiversity

You are not connected. Please login or register

Intelligent Design, the best explanation of Origins » Philosophy and God » Philosophy of time

Philosophy of time

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Philosophy of time on Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:55 pm

Admin

Admin
Time and space go together. Therefore Einstein introduced the concept of space-time. To ask when something does happen makes no sense without a location statement, a where. What time concerns: time and time arrow of the past towards the present arises only  by an observer that is able to store information and to have expectations. Say, to remember the past and to make questions about events and operations in the future.

In a letter to the family of a recently deceased friend, Michele Besso, Einstein wrote, "... for us physicists believe the separation between past, present, and future is only an illusion, although a convincing one." Since time is relative to the observer, it is impossible to divide it up into past, present and future in a way that is universally meaningful. In some sense, past, present and future are all there at once.

"This notion is sometimes called block time, but I like to call it the timescape because it's a bit like a landscape," says Davies. "If you look at a map, the whole of the landscape is there before you, all at once. If you add time as the fourth dimension on this map, then all of time is there at once too. The fact that nothing in physics singles out a particular 'now' is a mystery."
Incidentally, there is nothing in Einstein's theory that prohibits time travel, be it into the future or into the past. 

https://plus.maths.org/content/what-time-0

View user profile http://elshamah.heavenforum.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum