Theory of Intelligent Design, the best explanation of Origins

This is my personal virtual library, where i collect information, which leads in my view to Intelligent Design as the best explanation of the origin of the physical Universe, life, and biodiversity

You are not connected. Please login or register

Theory of Intelligent Design, the best explanation of Origins » Origin of life » Ecopoiesis, a origin of life model

Ecopoiesis, a origin of life model

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Ecopoiesis, a origin of life model on Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:16 am

Admin

Admin
Ecopoiesis, a origin of life model

The Ecopoesis model is a hypothesis about the origin of life on Earth that proposes that the geochemical cycles of biogenic elements (or biogeochemical cycles) preceded the appearance of organisms. The existence of such cycles in a prebiological world implies the presence of strong electron donors (reductants) and acceptors (oxidants), replenished by abiotic reactions in the earth's primitive aqueous environment. Cycling of carbon, nitrogen and sulfur compounds would take place in the oceans, an aqueous environment in contact with a lithosphere rich in reducing ions such as ferrous (divalent) iron and sulphide, and an atmosphere containing substantial amounts of molecular (free) oxygen, generated by the atmospheric photolysis of water vapour.  The redox transitions pertaining to living processes would thus be primordial attributes of the nascent ecosphere, determining the nature of materials and energy-yielding processes that would gradually shape the evolution of organismality.  High atmospheric levels of carbon dioxide would account for some essential reactive properties of this protobiological world, such as the possibility of carbon fixation, and chiral propagation.

1. http://www.ecopoese.bio.br/origin_of_life.htm

View user profile http://elshamah.heavenforum.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum